Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Birthday Weekend of FUN!!!!

Ok, so this birthday was so much FUN!!!! It actually lasted all weekend. My birthday this year fell on a Friday so I did what everyone does on their birthday I slept in….oh wait you can’t do that if you have a job. Today was one day I LOVED not having a job it was the best birthday present ever I got the day OFF! Anyways, I did all the normal stuff got my emissions test and passed….went and got my tag. You all remember that I forgot to get my tag one and sat in the back of a police car for that one. WON’T ever do that again! I had a very nice dinner with my niece Andrea and just relaxed for the day.

Saturday was great!!!! Mom and I went to Books and Million on Jonesboro road and met Kate Gosselin from Jon and Kate plus 8. I was so excited to meet her and when I say excited I mean excited! You would have thought I was going to be able to sit down and have a cup coffee with her and talk for hours. We get to BOM and it is was packed who would have thought this many people would be in a book store in McDonough all at one time. I of course was all ready with camera & book in hand and all my questions ready to ask her. Well, here we go they start giving out all their orders of how this is going to work. I mean come on I know this is going to be organized this lady is the most organized lady I know….besides me. We had to have our books facing her turned to a certain page, no pictures could be taken with her and you would only have about a minute with her. Seriously are you kidding me but, I have a list of things I need to know!!!! Didn’t these people know it was birthday weekend come on people. Ok, so mom and I get in line following all directions and we get our books signed so hey nice to meet you and that was about it. I have to say though it was still wonderful to meet her in person and she is really pretty and extremely skinny in person. I still can’t get over her arms they were amazing…that was one of my questions I wanted to know what she does to work them out.


Mom & I waiting to meet Kate!
Here she is!!!!


Next, I headed to Macon for my Birthday outing with friends which was a blast! My best friend and her husband live in Forsyth and my friend Greg lives in Macon (or Florida as I call it). We had a fun night planned and I could not wait to head out for the night. I met up with Greg and then we met up with Jen and Brian. We had a great dinner at a place called Spaghetti Alley in Macon. This was a place I had never been but, my food was so good and the dessert was to die for!!!! It alone is worth driving back to Macon for I only shared one bite of it. After dinner we all walked downtown to a little bar in town. It really was a hole in the wall but, I had a blast.
As a side note for the pictures below....I have a on strapless dress that would be why it looks like I have no clothes on at all! No, I didn't celebrate my birthday in my birthday outfit!

It was YUMMY!!!!


Jennifer and I



Greg and I

Sunday, when I got back home from Macon I went out with my family to the Olive Garden. I love Italian food can you tell? Of course it was nice to be with my family and spend my birthday with them but, the best part of the whole dinner was the waiter's comment. When she asked how old I was and I told her 31 she said you are kidding me I thought you were going to say 25! I said oh, you will get a great tip! My maw-maw asked did I feel 31? No, I sure don’t to be honest….I think age is only a number and you only feel as old as you make yourself feel!
My birthday weekend was great and I looked forward to many more with many more friends & loved ones!!!!!


Getting ready to blow out my candles :)


My parents and I


My maw-maw






























































No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.