Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

This Easter was a hard one. Yes, I remembered and know exactly what the day is for but, when you are living through the day after losing someone it is hard to do. This was my families first holiday without paw-paw. When you are raised in a Christian family where the one person who has always said the prayer before all the family meals is no longer there it makes you look at things in a whole new light. This year we choose to go out to dinner as a family instead of gathering at one of homes. I guess we thought changing things up would make things easier but, it didn’t. The car ride to the restaurant was like we were on our trip to our last meal….no talking. We chose our seats at O’Charley’s and just kind of sat there and looked at each other like what do we do now. Almost like when you go on that first really bad blind date and you have nothing in common or nothing to talk about. Finally the waiter came and he was so funny….almost like an angel that had been sent straight to our table to make us laugh. We then ate and laughed and talked and of course picked on each other about things. If you know my family there is never and quite or dull moment around us. Then the waiter came back and had dessert for us on the house. I couldn’t help but think oh, gosh paw-paw would have LOVED this and it’s FREE! He loved sweets and I have never met a man who loved to eat more than him. After dinner we just sat there and talked about him and told stories and of him. He is so loved and so missed but, I am sure he had one of the BEST Easter’s ever! Wow he got to spend his Easter with our Lord and Savior it can’t get any better than that!!!!


Maw-Maw with us girls on Easter. Me, Michelle, Meridith & Brittany
Just the cousins....









































































































































































































































































































































No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.