Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Love/Hate Relationship with the po-po's

Alright, if you really know me you know that I have a strong relationship with the police here in Henry County. Let, me get one thing straight before your mind starts wondering! I have NEVER done anything awful like steal, rob or murder anyone. I just get lots of awards for being a great driver :) I will admit that I have usually done something wrong when I get pulled over and meet one of Henry County's finest. I am always friendly and tell them I won't do it again...ok, so he and I know I am telling a little white lie when I say it but, hey we all do it.

Well, this leads me up to my Wednesday night event. I was always raised as most of us are that when in the need the police and firemen are the men that are there to help you. Ha, ha this is a JOKE!

Picture this: Wednesday evening (around 6ish) I am sitting on the side of the road off hwy 155 broke down. Yes, broke down and it is low 30's outside with the wind going pretty strong. With the weather only in the low 30's my suv was getting to be pretty chilly inside. I have no clue about anything with cars so it took me a little while to realize why I am now sitting on the side of the road. My gas gage is messed up and I didn't know I was out of gas. Yep, that was me everyone sitting on the side of the road with a suv that is out of gas. I got my phone out and called my dad...thanks to him for coming to my rescue!

As, I sat there waiting on my dad 2 yes 2 Henry Count police passed me. Not, only did they pass me they slowed down enough to look in my window and see me sitting in there but, yet neither one of them stopped to help me. How nice of them was that? Ok, so back to the start of my blog you all know I get pulled over a good bit. Which is the point of this blog. It really made me mad that they can pull you over and sit with you on the side of the road to give you tickets...um, which helps pay them. Yes, we are in a not so nice economy so the increase of pull overs in HC are raised highly (they are everywhere). Yes, I know they have been furloughed like so many other people but, they can't help someone on the side of the road? I sat there and witnessed for myself where their priorities are at these days. I guess if they were going to make money off me they would have stopped. What happen to the "good ole" days where you local police where there to help and protect you? As, one of my facebook friends said "how did they not know you were in need of medical help?" Good point Ms. Nancy! Needless, to say this event has really got my blood going!! Not, only has it made my blood pressure go sky high it has made me TRULY have a different look at the police department here in Henry County. Maye the chief of police should retrain his department on community service and help.

XOXO,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.