Friday, March 13, 2009

2 Days in 1

Thursday ~ March 12th

Thursday was a busy but, a very fun filled day. I was at my friends Laurie’s house a little after 8:00 in the morning to keep her 2 youngest boys Jon Michael & Noah. We had a blast!!!! JM had me laughing all day and boy did I learn that 5 year olds know much more about technology than I do. After lunch I put Noah down for a nap so JM asked if I would like to play a game with him and of course I said yes. Next, thing I know he is telling me to following him into his brother’s room because that is where they keep it. We went into Nicholas’s bedroom and there sat one of those dang video game things. For all of ya’ll that know me I am not a video game girl and I am poor loser! He starts hooking it up like he is 15 not 5 and has us all set up to play the “Cars” video game. Yes, I lost. Yes, I was nice to him and didn’t hit him over the head with my control.
Next, we ventured back into the den were JM informed me I should come watch him play baseball sometime because he is really good. Then as fast as our conversation went to baseball it changed to SpongeBob to Hanna Montana. Even I am a fast talker and can change subjects on you faster than you than you can blink your eye and I found myself spinning my head trying to keep up with the conversation.
All in all I think the cutest thing I heard all day was at the very end. Laurie and I were standing in the driveway and she asked if I might be available to keep the boys next week. JM much have overheard it because he then said I think the next you keep me I will just spend the night with you because I have never spent the night with you before. Gotta love the things kids say!

After I left Laurie’s I went to another friend’s house to keep her two kids. Yes, I kept kids all day long!!!!
This time I went to my friend Amie’s house to keep Caroline and Cooper. Caroline is 3 and Cooper is just a sweet little 3 months old. Amie and her husband Matt were going to see Jeff Foxworthy for Matt’s mom’s birthday. Cooper just hung out in his swing while Caroline and I played tag. Then Caroline watched Dora the Explorer while I feed Cooper and got him ready for bed. I laughed so hard because anytime they asked anything on Dora Caroline would answer right back. He was so precious he just ate, took his pacifier and just went right down to sleep. Caroline and I then played for a little while longer and then she was just little a princess and got ready to go to bed also.
Amie and Matt got home and said the show was great! They went to check on Caroline and she asked Matt was I about to go home? Matt told her yes and she said daddy does she have toys at her house? I just love the little things kids say.

I do have to say after a day of keeping 4 kids I slept like a baby Thursday night!


Today ~Friday the 13th

Who says it has to be an unlucky day????

I had all in all a pretty good day. Today I met a very good friend for lunch that I haven’t seen in FOREVER!!!! Megan and I met at Truett’s in McDonough and I really think we were there for like 2 hours just talking. Megan I use to work at the same place so we were just catching up on how things are going. She was asking about the job searching, dating life, and well which both of those are non-existing…ha, ha. I got caught up on how school is going for her. Megan is in nursing school and has just done her first intern at a nursing home…yikes! It didn’t sound fun at all. She is doing so good I am so proud of her!
We are both TV. junkies! We had to get caught up on all our shows we like to watch like 90210 (the old and new), Jon & Kate a plus 8, Tori & Dean and I could keep going.
It was so great to see Megan and catch up. Who would have ever thought that when I met her and found out that she and I have 10 years between us that we would become such great friends. I love ya girl!!!!!
After lunch it was my weekly visit to take my mom to physical therapy. I really think by now my car could drive itself to the dang place. I realized today that it takes less time for my mom to get her treatment than it does to actually drive there. Crazy huh? When we left I was breaking the speed limit to get back home because the guy who invented facebook was going to Opra today and I wanted to see him. I know I have TiVo and I could have just done that but, I didn’t know he was going to be on there until I was almost out of Henry County. Who would have thought some little 24 year old punk would have thought of this thing that most of the nation is now addicted to! Did you know average age of the person on fb is over the age of 30? Guess I fit in on that average!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.