Thursday, March 26, 2009

Turning points....





As many of you know so much has been going on in our family since the start of this year. I was laid off from my job; my mama had shoulder surgery and then my paw-paw past away. I have found that I don’t deal with things very well at all. I have always thought of myself as strong but I guess we all learn our breaking points. I have days that I think I am doing great and then the next moment I am falling apart. I have really tried to understand why things happen and why things happen all at once. I am realizing that there is only one person I can turn to at this time in my life.

Last night I had my 1st turning point, I had my 1st dream about paw- paw since his death. I had been told this would happen. I have had other things happen but, not dreams. I would run into men that would look like him, hear things on TV that remind me of him, even feel him in the room with me. In my dream we were back at the old house on Mt. Zion. He was sitting his old recliner in his grey suite that we buried him in. The whole family was there me, maw-maw, daddy, mom, my sisters and their kids, along with Vicky, Mike and the girls. Everyone was the age we are today. We weren’t there for any kind of special occasion we were just there. Everyone was talking and laughing but, he never talked to any of us. He would laugh and watch everything we did but, he never interacted with any of us. It was like he was just watching over all of us. I remember looking at him and making eye contact with him and having this calming feeling come over me even in my sleep. When I woke up I had been crying but, I still had that feeling of peace with me. I feel like paw-paw had come to me in my dream that was his way of telling me that we are going to be ok. He is watching over us, we have a personal guardian angel in heaven.


I have gotten involved in a ladies Bible study and I really enjoy it.

Tonight was the ladies Bible study and the study was on Absolute Confidence – the story of Joseph. How Joseph’s life and his faith was tested. WOW! The one scripture that really stuck to me like glue was: John 15:4-5 “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

I CANNOT do anything without GOD! Turning point #2!!!! I have to trust him and know that he is going to take care of me. I have to give all my worries, doubts, and fears over to him. He has another job lined up for me. He knows I miss my paw-paw more than anything but; he is taking care of him. I have to learn to trust him.

When I got back into my car and was on my way home he laid a song on my heart. I played it the whole way home. I have found it on you tube and hope you enjoy it also. I have promised myself I will play it every day…kind of as my theme song

I know this blog was more about what I have been dealing with rather than the fun things but, it some way I hope it helps you or touches your life.

Much Love!



Sharon



No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.