Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July 2009

Today I found myself thinking what does this day stand for to me? Independence, freedom, remembrance of military men & women? All of these is what I came up with. It is also one of those days where I found myself stopping and thinking how lucky I am to live in America. You will never see me signing up to be in any branch of the military for many reasons but, I think highly of the men & women who serve this country everyday. It takes a lot to have a "job" that puts your live in danger. I also hold the women and men who are married to those who serve to a higher standard. I can only imagine what it is like to help pack your husband or wife up and send them off to war not knowing if they will come back to you again. What about the mom and dad who send their child off to serve our country wondering in the back of their mind will he be back for me to hug again. I think highly of each and everyone of you and pray for you on a daily basis...may God be with you.

I thought today's blog would be a great time to share my pictures from the Memorial wall here in McDonough. My paw-paw was one of the brave men who served our country.
















No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.