Sunday, April 29, 2012

Relay for Life 2012

Friday, night was Relay for Life in Henry County & it was amazing!  I look forward count the seconds to this event every year for so many reasons.  #1 is that my mom is a 2 year Cancer Survivor...can I get a AMEN?!  There is nothing better than watching her walk the Survivor lap :)  Even, with my mom being a survivor I love being involved in such a touching event within our community. From the time the event starts until we are packing up our campsite it's filled with so many emotions.  As, you look around the football field you see people, young & old smiling, laughing, talking, dancing, and hugging.  If, you are not involved in Relay please get involved!!

1,408 Participants. 105 Team. Over 400 Survivors.
$375,000.00 Raised

Ok, now picture overload :)


Our group (missing Mandy, Michael, Maya & Reid)


Mom & Johnny in the Survivor lap


My sweet mama - 2 years cancer free


Holliann & Maw-Maw


Me, Mom & Mandy


Maw-Maw & Alivia


Mama & her girls!
Cole, me, Lisa, mom, Holliann, Andrea & Alivia


Mom & I
I wear peach for my mom


Brit, Aunt Vicky, mom, Meridith (Parker in belly) & me


My best friend Jenn & her daddy - 11 years cancer free


Pat, mom, Brian and Wayne





My sweet family!


They are why we walk!


Maw-Maw and Cole



No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.