Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday's Trash

No, I am not going to talk about some kind of political scandal. Sport or reality gossip or anything really juicy at all. All though that might be more interesting than the "trash" I have on my mind.


If, you are someone who knows me. Not facebook, twitter or blog know me, but you know the real life me you know I hate trash night. Honestly, hate could be an understatement. I mean come on have you looked at a trash can lately? They stink, they are nasty...I mean really can you imagine how many germs are hanging out on that thing? Oh, & not to mention the thing is as big as me. No, really it is! I'm only 4'11" so, really I could get in and ride in the thing almost in the stand up position. I REALLY can't express how much I HATE taking the trash out, but hey let's face it it has to be done. If, not I would be on the next season of Hoarders on TLC.


Tonight, while taking the trashcan out to the end of the driveway. I know what a glamours picture you have painted in your head ( insert shorts, t-shirt, no make-up and flip flops ). I caught the smell of a scent that took me back to my childhood. No, silly people not the trash, but the smell of honeysuckles. When I was a little girl (under 5) we had honeysuckles in our backyard. I can remember playing on my swing set or in my life size doll house ( yes, this is the doll house my sister tried to set on fire while I was in...blog for another day ) and smelling them as they were growing on the vines against our fence. I would stop playing and go over and pick a few of them and snack on the nectar in them. I will assume since I have made it into my 30's that it wasn't harmful...unless well, maybe I can use that as excuse for some of my blonde moments in life.


I have to say I love moments like this in life where you are in the mist of other things & something takes you back to childhood memories. Maybe as I take the trash out on Tuesday's from now on I will smell the honeysuckles and it will make a nasty chore a little better!


Ok, just for kicks here is what that little honeysuckle eating girl looked like:
















1 comment :

  1. That took me back! :) I remember the honeysuckle there, as well as the playhouse!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.