Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mountains, Leaves, Pumpkins...oh, my!

Friday, after work a couple friends of mine, & myself headed about 2 hours north to the mountains. We had a cabin in Amicaloa State Park for the weekend. I must say we had a BLAST!! Friday evening, we didn't do much, but get settled into the cabin and plan our events for the next day. Oh, but I must say it was chilly! If, you follow me on twitter I tweeted a pic of the weather for the weekend...hello, low of 43!  I also, tweeted a pic of this: 


This was the funniest thing to me.  Diversified is the company I work for so, to walk into my cabin for the weekend and see one of our fire extinguisher's hanging in it was pretty dang funny.  Saturday, it was beautiful and the weather was perfect. We first headed over to Burt's Pumpkin Patch. Goodness, I have never seen that many pumpkins in one place nor, have I ever seen pumpkin's that big before.


 
Burt's trip included walking around looking at all the pumpkins, taking pictures with them, lots of laughing a little whining and oh, one fun hay ride!





 Love these girls!


 This sign was funny to me.  I mean I know they need rules, but kick or drop?  Can't say I have ever done either.  Well, on purpose :)

Mountains, beach, football game or shopping mall...Jenn & I have the BEST time!!
After, Burt's we head out for lunch and then we were off for apples.  I didn't get any pictures of this, but I can assure you all that if, the saying "A apple a day keeps the doctor away is true."  We all shall never see a doctor again :)
I don't know about the rest of my gang, but I do know I was ready for the dinner that was waiting for us that night. If, there is one thing that my friends request from me it is that I cook spaghetti so, that is what I prepared & I must so, it was yummy!

What does all good campers do when it gets dark and cold outside?  I don't know what campers do, but I know that people staying in cabin's gather their blankets, ipads, iphones and walk behind their cabin to the bonfire and roast s'mores!!
Today, we got up and got ready to head home.  Well, with a a few stops on the way, one being the look out at the falls.  It was beautiful, but I must say Jenn & I were not dressed for this.  If, we didn't know this the looks the "other girls" gave us while there would have told us.




Now, on to the fun stuff unpacking...
Although, one bag will be VERY FUN to unpack.........







No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.