Sunday, March 7, 2010

60 - 60

I was raised in a very loving church in Rex, Church where everyone knew who I was and what family I belonged to. It has taken me a very long time to find "that" church again. As, of last year I found it at Momentum Christian Church in McDonough (check it out here www.momentumcc.org ). Now, I am only related to my cousins and aunt that have been going to church with me over the past few months but, I love how I feel at home at Momentum. I have made so many new friends, reconnected with some old friends but, mostly reconnect and found myself there.

I was raised Southern Baptist so, when I started visiting Momentum it seemed very different but, right to me all at the same time. It didn’t take long for me to realize that this was the place for me. Not, long after being there I jumped in and got connected in with our children’s department which we call KidMo. I enjoy working with all the kids and looking forward to seeing them grow in Christ.

We have been challenged at church to do the 60 – 60 Experiment. Let me explain how this works…for the next 60 days, you want to try to stay in continuous, honest conversation with God, willing to do his will moment by moment. To remain in him. At least every 60 minutes for 60 days, stop and recall, “God is with me right now. He loves me and desires to give me good things – better than I can IMAGINE,” and let that propel you to ask God, “Show me your will this next moment. I want to be willing to do your will as an act of love toward you.”

The goal is to stay consciously aware all through your day that God is with you and desires a loving, trusting relationship. It was suggested that we have a partner or partners to help us with this and to even journal or blog through this.

This experiment has been amazing!! At, first I will admit that I thought it was a little on the hard side especially when my day gets CRAZY with 2 little ones running around. Then my type A personality kicked in and I got it down pat :)

If, you would like to read more & try the 60 – 60 Experiment out for yourself read more about it here: www.soulrevolution.net

You never know how 60 days of prayer could change your life for the BETTER!

XOXO,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.