Monday, March 15, 2010

Chemotherapy

When you look up the word Chemotherapy on Wikipedia this is the answer you receive.



Any chemical treatment intended to be therapeutic with respect to a disease state.


What a "medical" term. I know it is a medical term but, until you have sat in a room full of chemo PATIENTS you don't fully understand the word CHEMO. In fact I have a few until's for you:

Until you:
have watched your mom get poked until they finally get her IV in.
have watched your mom toss and turn because the medication makes her nervous.
have watched your mom's hair fall out.
have watched your mom not be able to eat.
have watched your mom just lay there with NO energy.
have watched your mom turn a shade a color that is not in the rainbow or any coloring box.
have watched your mom cry because she just don't understand why.
have watched your mom connect with other patients on a level you will never understand.

What part of therapeutic did you find in any of those? Apparently, the person who came up with the "medial" term of Chemotherapy has never actually seen someone they love go through it.

Just my thoughts of the day.









No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.