Saturday, May 15, 2010

Great Strides 2010

This years CF walk was held at Salem Baptist Church in McDonough. The church offers a great pond with a walking trail around it with a few ducks here and there. On Saturday, May 15 as you passed by you saw a group of kids and adults walking around the pond. We were walking for a great reason...we were walking to make great strides to find a cure for CF.
As, a child and teenager I grew up with a great girl and great friend who had CF but, Julie lost her battle with CF in 1997. I know she is in a much better place and is completly cured now. With that being said I knew about CF, saw what it does to you, & how it affects the ones around you.
When my friend Mandy, told us that Reid had been dignosed with CF my heart broke. I hurt for baby Reid, I hurt for Mandy & Michael and I felt a lump in my throat that felt a little to familar.
As, we were walking for the south metro area so was Columbus and the Atlanta teams. All together $765,000 was raised in hopes to finding a cure and turning CF into Cure Found.
Mandy, started the walk off by speaking and did a great job. Then Mandy gave each child in our group a red balloon to carry in honor of another little boy that is battling CF along with some other health problems. Red, is this little boys favorite color & it was just precious to see the red balloons all around the pond. As, I watched everyone, talked to friends new and old I thought about how one little boy is bringing so many people together. Isn't it just amazing how he, not even a year old can bring so much love into the world. Just when you as an adult think you can never do enough, supply enough money, or give enough time you see a child that lets you know you are doing exactly what you were placed on this earth to do.
Reid, is a precious gift from God to Mandy and Michael. We may never know why he was born with CF, we may never see a cure but, we do know that we all have faith and strength to make sure he see's the longest and best possible life he can recieve.
May each of you that read my blog or just stumble apon it remember to lift baby Reid up in your prayers.
Cures to you,














No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.