Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh, Surprises I LOVE you!

I love to get surprises I don't care what kind I just love them! I get excited when I get a random cards in the mail (not bills), a sweet comment on facebook, invitations to a party or dinner & of course a surprise phone call from a childhood friend. Today, my friend Callie called me and told me she was down on the southside and would love to meet for dinner. SURPRISE...LOVE IT :) Callie & I met in 3rd grade and have been the best of friends since sitting in Mrs. Johnson's classroom in the 3rd grade pod at Mt. Zion Elementary. Callie is now married to a wonderful guy (Matt) whom she randomly met at a Braves game...hum, maybe I should attend some???? Callie and Matt now live on the northside of town and have a precious baby boy named Jack. She & I have that great friendship, you know the one where you can go for days or even weeks without talking but, pick right up where you left off the next time you see or talk to one another. I adore those kinds of friendships. Life happens and sometimes you just can't talk on a day to day basis like you could when you were a teenager. Callie & Jack met up with my parents and I for Mexican and we had a great time. My parents love Callie to death! I remember when we were teenagers Callie spent the night at the house one night and my dad being the joker that he is convinced Callie that we all get up and eat breakfast as a family together on Saturday mornings. This was so NOT true. He (my dad) was going fishing early that Saturday morning so, by the time Callie and I got up he had been gone for hours. When mom came to my room to tell us lazy teenagers to get out of bed the first thing that came out of Callie's mouth was....I am not hungry, ya'll eat without me. He had truly convinced her!! We still joke with her about this. We had a wonderful time tonight...just look how cute Jack is!

XOXO,









1 comment :

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.