Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Memories & Ducks

I know you are thinking what a strange title for this blog. Today, my niece, myself and the kids took a little field trip to well, a graveyard. I know that sounds strange but, we had a good reason behind it plus, their was ducks there!

When I was a senior in high school (95-96) my sister & my nieces lost their husband & daddy. Nicole, my sister's youngest daughter called me the other day and asked if I would take her to her dad's grave while she was on Spring break from high school. Today, we loaded up the kid's (who feel in love with Nicole) and took our field trip.

My grandmother had fixed some flowers for Cole to put on Randy's grave. It was bitter sweet to see Cole at her daddy's grave. Cole, was 3 years old when she lost her dad but, to be so young when it happen she remembers so much about him. The whole way out there I was so afraid I would cry when we got there and I have to admit I was doing good until Cole, started with tearing up.

I know without a doubt that Randy is looking down on his 3 daughters & is so proud of each one of them. All three of them, Andrea, Holliann and Nicole have grown into lovely ladies. Not to mention he know has one cute litte grand-daughter.

After, we paid our respect to Randy we headed over to the pond to feed the ducks. Ty, was so excited that he could hardly contain himself! I think if I would have let him get in the pond with the ducks he would have ran full speed ahead. Mary, on the other hand was quite shy of the ducks at first but, once she realized they were scared of us she was happy to feed them.

The sweet kiddo's and Cole with the ducks:
















Even with the tears we had a wonderful day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.