Friday, April 30, 2010

Relay For Life 2010

This year's relay will always hold a place in my heart.


I had been emotional all day long just thinking about how I would feel when I saw my mom walk the SURVIVOR lap! I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again many times in my life the word cancer turns your life upside down, sideways, backwards and any other way your life can twist and turn. Words really can't express how I felt when I saw my mom and dad walking hand in hand around the track. Tears of JOY fell down my face, a prideful smile hung from ear to ear, & my heart felt like it was going to bounce right out of my chest.

As, we all supported a wonderful cause I felt honored that I come from such a wonderful family and have amazing friends that loved on us through this hard time. It meant more than words can say that friends came, called and cared enough about us to check in on us and see what they could do for us.

While I stood there tonight it amazed me how people who don’t even know my mom were also proud of her. I love how our family came together and loved each other, supported each other and leaned on each other. Isn’t it strange how when things get hard that is when you really see who you can depend on?

Relay was amazing! I cannot even begin to tell you how many people where there because the football field was packed full. Luminary’s surrounded the field of those in memory we have lost to cancer and those we want to honor for the battle they fought and won with cancer. In Henry County alone over $300,000.00 was raised to find a cure for cancer. How amazing is that!!!!

I will always remember this night as long as I live. I pray that one day a cure is found and no other families have to receive and live through this awful disease.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.