Monday, January 4, 2010

1 down 5 more to go!

Today was mom's 1st treatment of chemo and she handled it like a champ :) We got to Southern Regional at 7:15 and was admitted and in the chemo room by 8 something. Chemo is a very long process and it takes so much from everyone. At Southern Regional they treat their chemo patients like friends and it was so nice.

I have a website for mom and I said on hers if you ever need to be humbled just go and sit on the oncology floor and that statement is so true. As, I sat there this afternoon after they had severed lunch & all the patients had fell asleep I just looked at each one of them one by one & wondered why are they there. I mean I know why they are all there they are cancer patients but, what I mean what kind, how long have they lived with it, do they have any family, how did they find out? What is their story???? I then found myself quietly looking at each one of them and praying for them, their health and their family.

Now, I know to some that might not seem like much all I did was say a prayer for them but, that is all I can do for them. That is my way of helping them. I said when my mom told me she had cancer my life flashed before my eyes and they did. I thought wait hold on she hasn't seen me get married and have kids and she is suppose to be here for that! Who else will I argue with about what dress I like or if I want to wear my veil in my face or not (those who really know me will know who funny that comment is). All I can ask is that people pray so why wouldn't I do it for someone else.

If I learn one thing out of this it is that when I tell someone that I will keep them in my prayers and thoughts I mean it. Ask me to pray for you and I promise you I will lift you up in prayer everyone morning, night and every moment I think about you in between.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.