Sunday, January 24, 2010

I will be DEBT FREE

WOW!! This is about the only words that come to mind right now is WOW. After, sitting in my first financial peace class today I can truly say that I am excited about the way my finances can be in the future. In just the first 2 hours of the class in week 1 I learned so much and can’t wait to learn so much more.
If you have never heard of financial peace you should check into it! It is a program that Dave Ramsey has put together and many singles & couples have walked away from the 13 week class debt FREE…how amazing is that!!!! We will learn not only how to manage our money but, how learn how to live a debt FREE life. I really cannot tell you how excited I am about this 
When I was laid off from my job (now over a year ago) my first thought was how will I survive? I am happy to say I have survived…mostly by hopes and prayer but, hey I surviving! Dave says in his course that in every 10 years you should plan on some kind of crisis to happen in your life that will require money to help you get through it. Did you get what I just said EVERY 10 years!!!! Now, let me tell you that in a million years I would NEVER thought I would be laid off and jobless in my 30’s.
Now, don’t get me wrong I am blessed so very BLESSED. I have wonderful kids that I keep and have had odd jobs here and there that have helped keep some form of money coming in but, when you go from X amount of income, health insurance and just plain security to all of that being taken away from you within moments your life is changed. This is why I am so excited and happy to have the ability to take this course to learn to correct ways to safe for my future and how to actually have financial peace!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.