Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Great day with my mom....

We started off having a not so good weekend with chemo giving us a good kick in the hiney. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse it came a knocking at the front, back and side doors. As, you can imagine the worse part of chemo came and happen this weekend and as women it is the most awful part of chemo. Being a women myself it was even hard for me to find the right words to say to my mom in these moments.
Monday, was a holiday so I was home all day I devoted EVER moment of the day to her. I even found one of old church cookbooks and made homemade potato soup for her! When she ate every bite of it I didn't know who to more proud of her for eating all her food or me for actually making it!
Today, we went to a class that Henry Medical offers called "Look good feel better" for chemo patients. It was awesome and I was so proud of her because she was not feeling her best today. The class teaches ladies all kinds of tricks of how to handle their skin through all the changes it will make through chemo and different ways to wear wigs and scarfs. Being the girly-girl that I am this class was pretty cool to me also. After, of class we headed to the square to get mom's wig to Cat's pajamas....love, love, love them! #1 mom's wig looks AWESOME!!!! #2 I can't not say enough about Cat's pajamas they are such amazing ladies there. Mom was so upset this week with her hair falling out and they just let you come in and pour your heart out.
After, mom got her wig we headed over and met dad for lunch and then mom and I did some shopping around the square for as long as she could handle. It was great day with my mom.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.