Sunday, January 3, 2010

Imagine!

Hum, imagine you say. Yes, that is what I said, imagine. That is what the sermon at Momentum was about today in fact that is what our sermon is going to be on for next couple of months. Imagining what the world would be like be like well, just use your imagination. Imagine if we were all debt free, we all have perfect marriages/perfect relationships, had the perfect job or um had the most perfect walk with the Lord? Just Imagine! It kind of makes me stop and think about the Allstate commercial where everyone stops and helps someone on the street…wow what if the world was like that we would live in a different place!

As I drove home from church today I really thought about what was said in church WHAT IF this and WHAT IF that. You know have you ever heard the saying if we were only more child like I think it should be if we were only more Christ like. Then we wouldn’t have to say WHAT IF?

Why is it we will go out of our way to say something mean to one another or roll our eyes but, we won’t go out of the way to help each other out or say something nice? Are all of our lives really that busy that we can’t even say hi to each other anymore? Are our lives that awful that we have to do mean things to each other to somewhat make ourselves feel better for a moment of time?

With the New Year being upon us I am holding myself accountable to be a nicer person even on those days and moments where I just don’t want to. What would happen if this trend caught on in 2010????

JUST IMAGINE!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Simple Prayers

Lord, I thank you for your beloved Son, for your unfailing love, and for Your wonderful thoughts. During my busy day, help me to remember all that You have done for me. Help me to follow Your Word and walk in purity of heart.